Pages

Thursday 27 August 2015

Jackaberry Soaps Review



My favourite place in the entire world is Tasmania, it’s where I was born and raised and I just love it to pieces. The food is fresh, the people are friendly and you know your neighbours. There are also so many fantastic local businesses to support down there with everything from handmade clothing to art and the hub of finding all these local wonderful items is Salamanca market. Since moving to Melbourne I haven’t been able to find a market that lives up to the standards of Salamanca. I’ve been to everyone’s suggestions and I’m always let down by what is essentially a junk swap meet. 

So when I opened the parcel of products I was sent* by Jacquie at Jackaberry soaps I instantly fell in love because they reminded me of home. The beautiful scents and packaging reminded me of the products I would pick up at Salamanca markets on the weekends. Jacquie kindly sent me seven products to review from her range and they are just gorgeous. What started off as a hobby soon became a working dream for Jacquie whose soaps are created with locally grown and processed olive oil, coconut oil, sustainable palm oil, essential oils and are also cruelty free.

I wish that websites had Smell-O-Vision because the scents surrounding me are just divine, dreamy and calming. All the soaps are completely handmade and Jacqui even posts photos of the processes onto the Jackaberry Facebook page. After using these soaps I completely wanted to ditch my body wash and loofah as my skin felt so incredibly hydrated, soft and smelled wonderful. I can’t stop raving about these and hands to heart prefer them to the Lush soaps. They are great for people suffering from sensitive skin and are very soothing. 

So if you have dermatitis, psoriasis or eczema these will not irritate skin and will feel incredibly nourishing. I suffer dermatitis and have had no problems using these, while my friend who suffers from Psoriasis has used these also didn’t have an issue. 

The soaps are absolutely gorgeous and the packaging matches this as they are all housed in beautiful little bags with lovely swingtags showing the information. There is nothing more I love than supporting someone’s passion and you can tell these soaps are made with so much passion and love and that is what is great about small local businesses. 



Lime & Ylang Ylang
I can’t even deal with how lovely this smells. It is probably the strongest smelling one of the bunch and smells quite herbal and sweet.



Citrus Fresh
The smell of this is an exact dupe for the Lush Orange Jelly soap but the product itself is a lot more soothing and less drying than the soap version. This is going to be my favourite one to use during summer as it smells so incredibly fresh.



Orange & Cinnamon
How bloody gorgeous is this soap? Its like an adorable work of art. The little cinnamon stick on top is just so cute and this soap smells so dreamy. Cinnamon can be quite an overpowering smell but paired with the orange they are essentially the A-Team.





Lime & Rosemary
This doesn’t smell too overly sweet due to using limes and rosemary but it smells fresh and clean, which is exactly how you want your body to smell of course.


Aniseed Star
If you like licorice you will love this and this would be great for someone who doesn’t like overly floral scents.


Fresh Goats Milk & Lavender
This one was the first that I tried and I bloody loved it, I couldn’t even wait until after I took the photos to use it so that’s why there are missing pieces of lavender on the top. Lavender is one of my favourite scents and the goats milk was so soothing on the skin and perfect for use in the winter time on dry skin. Goats milk is great to use if you have sensitive skin or suffer from skin conditions as it cleanses and soothes skin without drying or irritating it.


Detox Bombs
This is the best bathbomb I’ve ever used. Better than Lush. Better than The Body Shop. Made with organic aluminum free bicarbonate soda, natural Epsom salts and jojoba oil. I was surprised at how soft this made my skin and it left me feeling like I had just spent hours at the Peninsula Hot Springs. I felt so relaxed that I could just melt into a puddle and my muscles felt like I just had a two hour deep tissue massage. If you need some relaxing downtime or are feeling stressed out this is an essential and leaves you feeling beyond amazing.



For more information about Jackaberry or to purchase some of these wonderful products, head to their Facebook page by clicking here.



*While these products were gifted to me by the brand to try out, all opinions are and will always be my own. 










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig