Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2015

MAC ATTACK


MAC isn't my favourite cosmetics brand, but it is one that continuously pops up throughout my makeup bag. Whenever I have to go somewhere that requires some fancy pants makeup, I always choose to get my makeup done at MAC because their makeup artists are just crazy wonderful magicians who really work their cosmetic magic on your face. So I thought I'd pop together a little blog post on my favourite products from the legendary cosmetic brand.



I am crazy terrible at false lashes. I can't put them on at all. I get the glue everywhere and the eyelashes always end up stuck on my fingers or halfway up my eyelids. I can also never cut them to the right length for my eyes, so when I get my makeup done at MAC, I always take the opportunity to get the lashes applied. That way they are cut to the perfect length and are a tiny bit easier to apply when I'm in my bathroom. After they are first applied you can get a couple more uses out of them but throw them away as soon as they look a bit mangled. 





This little compact is only $9 and it permanently lives in my handbag. One side is your average mirror and the other is super magnified, like the double sided cosmetic mirrors. This is so great to touch up tricky bits of your face like lip liners because it gives you a really great up close view. 





The Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft & Gentle is the most perfect champagne highlighter that adds the most beautiful glow all over your face. Most recently I wore this to my graduation and it just lasts all night. For an extra glowy finish, spray your powder brush with the MAC Fix+ spray after you have the highlighter on your brush and then apply to your face. It makes the highlighter so much more powerful and dewy looking. 



Left to Right; Studio Finish and Pro Longwear

The Studio Finish Concealer NW20 with SPF+ 35 is perfect for when you have something really intense you have to cover up. I'm talking giant pimples and bad discolouration. It is a really thick consistency and is great because it includes SPF and you can't have enough of that, because you can't find a concealer to cover up wrinkles can you? For days when you don't need an extreme amount of concealer the Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15 is perfect for foundation touch ups and light cover ups. It is also excellent to use over dark circles.


Left to Right; Redd and Magenta


I love love love the MAC lip pencils. They are probably my favourite products from MAC. They can be used as a traditional liner or all over the lips for an intense colour that WILL NOT BUDGE. It really won't, no matter what you do. They are all kinds of fantastic. 



The Espresso Matte Eyeshadow is the perfect shade for when your brows are not blonde but not brown either. This little pot of excellence is great for filling in brows or for a nice wash of colour over the eyelids. Multitasking products are the best products.




I have raved about this before and will never stop raving about it ok?! I've gone through many bottles and it is perfect to set or to refresh makeup whether you have dry or oily skin. It is just perfection. I have one in my car, handbag and in my bathroom. I can't get enough!


Rebel, Ruby Woo, Lady Danger and Viva Glam V


These are my four favourite lipsticks by MAC. I wore Rebel to my graduation and while it looks like a crazy dark gothic colour it comes out a beautiful magenta on the lips that matched my Ted Baker dress and Essie nail polish in Big Spender PERFECTLY. It's like these three brands teamed up to share a colour scheme. Ruby Woo is a classic darker shade of red that pretty much looks amazing on everyone. The shade gives you the classic old Hollywood pinup vibe; you can really see why it’s a best seller and the lipstick most worn by the beautiful Dita Von Teese. Lady Danger is my favourite daytime red because it is fun and punchy and the perfect mix of red and orange. Finally Viva Glam V is the perfect shimmery nude shade for ANY skin tone. It really looks amazing on anyone. It is super flattering. 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post! I really want to try Fix+, I hear so many great things! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great, you really must go dash out right now and pick one up! You won't regret it, I promise! x

      Delete

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig