Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Empties #7


Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry
This was one of my most loved lip products ever and it lasted quite a while as well. I would use this on its own or layered over lip products and it would always look marvelous. The colour was a beautiful cherry red and it kept lips really well hydrated and not at all sticky. I got down to about the last centimeter until I was applying it in my car mirror and it snapped off and rolled under the seat unable to be saved. While I loved this product and do rate it a 10/10 I will not be repurchasing due to Clinique’s animal testing policy. But you can find out about my cruelty free lip options by clicking right here. NOT CRUELTY FREE.

Lonvitalite 24K Active Gold Eye Mask
Oh man these were awful. Just plain awful. I have used a lot of products from Lonvitalite and loved all of them, so that is why I was so surprised that I really disliked these. My mum used these last year and had a really bad allergic reaction of swelling around her eyes, but since I have used a lot from the range I though it would be fine, but I could barely last with these on my face for more than thirty seconds. For starters the eye slits are WAY too small. You might as well not have any at all. Secondly the formula makes your eyes sting and water so much that it is unbearable. I would definitely not repurchase these; it’s a big no from me. Cruelty Free.

Proactiv+ Pore Targeting Solution
I have been an avid on and off user of Proactiv since I started breaking out at 18 years old. I used the original one until the new and updated plus version came out and decided to give it a try. Well I am utterly obsessed. This is by far the best breakout solution I have tried. Since I don’t have such massive breakouts anymore I don’t have to use it as much as I did in the past. With the original Proactiv while it did clear up my breakouts it could leave my skin feeling quite red and raw from the harsh treatments. But Proactiv+ treats and keeps breakouts at bay without being too tough on skin. I find it a lot gentler and even more effective than the original. It is definitely my favourite between the two. When I went back to buy more I discovered that they no longer have the stalls in Westfield’s and instead sell online and in selected pharmacies. Well one day a couple of weeks ago I was having a TERRIBLE skin day and was all out of Proactiv+ and too desperate to wait for online shipping so I popped into my local Terry White only to be disappointed when discovering they only stock the original line. I brought it begrudgingly as I only really break out terribly now from PMS and had not prepared adequately. Using the original, while it cleared everything up, my heart still lays with Proactiv+. It is so wonderful and I was completely gob smacked to find out that the brand is actually cruelty free! It is one of the last companies I would have expected to be bunny friendly but it’s a pleasant surprise. The cleanser and pore solution are by far the best products in the line but I’m not the biggest fan of the accompanying moisturiser just because of its jar packaging and consistency. I will definitely be repurchasing Proactiv+ online once I’ve used up the original line and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone suffering breakouts. Cruelty Free.

Garnier Ultra Dry Mineral Deodorant
I have been using this for the past year and it is definitely my favourite deodorant. The scent is really pleasant and it is quite soothing on the underarm area especially after shaving. It’s also incredibly long lasting. The only troubling thing about it is the fact that it is not cruelty free. I’m really struggling to find a great cruelty free deodorant that won’t leave me with smelly pits. If anyone can recommend a great brand it would be so amazing. I’m going to have to do a bit more research on the topic. NOT CRUELTY FREE.

Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Wipes
I have written about my love of Simple cleansing wipes many times since Aimee and Sugar started last year. I have also written about how I plan to not repurchase after I have used the last packet of my massive stash, due to Simple being a bit shady about their animal testing practices. The time has come and I have used the last wipe of the last packet so I am finally waving bye bye to the brand. I have already repurchased cruelty free alternatives that I love and you can read about here . NOT CRUELTY FREE. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig