Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

Cruelty Free Swap #4: Lip Colour



Lovely Lip Liner



Innoxa Super Smooth Lip Liner in Ruby Red
The formula of this is just brilliant. It applies so smoothly on the lips and is so hydrating with vitamin C and E but is incredibly long lasting. I’m not kidding, this stuff wont budge. When I used to work really long 10-hour nightclub shifts this would be my go to lip product. I would line and fill in my lips with this and nothing else. I would continually eat and drink during my shift and it wouldn’t smudge or dry out. When I would go home and look at my makeup in the mirror it still looked as bright and brilliant as the first moment I applied it. I have the colour Ruby Red and it is absolutely stunning. So bright and classic that I’m just in love. It is so easy to apply that it is fool proof and there is never any need to sharpen. It comes in a windup tube that makes me love it even more. The Innoxa Super Smooth Lip Liner will ALWAYS have a place in my cosmetics bag.

Designer Brands Lip Pencil in Plum
This lip pencil goes on so incredibly soft it is almost a dream. It is so easy to line the lips with this and is so pigmented that I just wear it on its own. It is a beautiful darkish pink/purple colour that would look stunning on any skin tone. It also feels very hydrating on the lips which is due to the fact it is packed with Vitamin E. I honestly couldn’t believe this was from Designer Brands when I first tried it because it is pretty much on par with the wonderful Chanel lip liners. I can’t stop raving about this enough. For $5 you really can’t go wrong and it is also vegan.



Lustful Lipsticks



Teeez Cosmetics Lipstick in Rebellious Red
My go to red lipstick originally was Fire & Ice by Revlon. It was the most wonderfully pigmented fire engine red that just screamed bombshell. But because Revlon tests on animals I decided to ditch it and end our very long relationship. Then I received this Teeez lipstick in a beauty box and all my red lipstick woes were gone. I was happier even because this lipstick is INCREDIBLE. This is the most pigmented red lipstick I’ve ever seen. The colour payoff is amazing. You only need the lightest swipe and its one of the most intense reds I have ever seen. It’s also very hydrating, won’t dry out your lips and is seriously many shades of wonderful.

Designer Brands Eternal Colour in 397 Pink Rouge
On application this lipstick is incredibly soft and non-drying. The shade is a stunning dusty pink with a hint of shimmer and it feels really light on the lips. I’m really loving everything Designer Brands does at the moment, as their products are top-notch quality. This shade is the perfect neutral pink that could go with any makeup and when I want to go for an English rose vibe this is what I use. It really is a stunning colour and I always get compliments on it every time I wear it.

The Body Shop Colour Crush in 18
This lippie is incredibly glossy and beautiful. It looks like a VERY bright red coral in the tube but when swatched it is a soft pink with great buildable colour. It doesn’t even feel like you are wearing lipstick, more like you have on a beautiful gloss. Because this colour is buildable it is pretty fool proof. So if you don’t feel comfortable applying lipstick, this is a great starter and go between to have in your collection.


Magical Matte



Australis Velourlips in NY-CEE
I’ve tried some of the other colours from the Velourlips line and I didn’t really like them. They looked quite funny when you wore them and are quite difficult to apply. But NY-CEE, which is the bright matte red from the line, is a completely different story. It applies like a dream and just looks so old Hollywood and classic on. Just make sure you exfoliate those lips beforehand because matte lips pick up any trace of dryness.



Great Gloss



Nyx Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie
I have never really been this biggest fan of gloss before I tried this. I picked it up when buying the Nyx green concealer because I saw Essie Button use it in a tutorial and it looked amazing on her. Because we have similar skin tones and it was on sale for 30% off, I thought why not? I’m so glad I picked this up. It keeps lips so glossy and hydrated but it looks so natural at the same time. This is the little black dress of lip products, when you don’t know what to wear this is always a great go to.



Cute Crayons



Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in Pink A Boo
Love. Love. Love. Love this. Seriously this is just a dream lip product. The colour is so pigmented and beautiful. Its not very glossy but it keeps lips beautifully hydrated. This colour is so pigmented and it looks exactly like it does in the tube on the lips. It’s a really true colour, is the perfect shade of pink and a great dupe for the Clinique Chubby Sticks.

Designer Brands Chubby Lipstick Crayon in 409 Kiss & Tell Red
Yes another Designer brands product, but they are DAYUM good. This little lipstick crayon is a wind up little tube of brilliance. The colour isn’t as intense as other reds and it’s a bit sheerer but it is a great little handbag essential. It is so easy to apply and gives a nice simple hit of colour.

Laqa & Co. Lip Lube in Bees Knees
Oh how well loved this lip lube has been. The peppermint scented crayon is just the most flattering shade of orangey pink. I wear this when I want a 60’s vibe with lots of pink blush and a great cat eye. It is made with shea butter and feels very hydrating on the lips. This lip colour is spring in a tube!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig