Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

Violet Box January 2015





Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel
I love a good face peel so as soon as I saw this product I was pretty eager to try it. Marketed as a protein peel, you apply it all over your face, neck and bust with damp hands. Then massage in circles until bits of skin start to come off with the face peel. I haven't had a chance to give this product a try yet, but my love of face peels has popped it high on my to do list. This is a deluxe sample, but the full sized bottles are priced at $67, so it's a great chance to give a pricier product a try on the cheap. Deluxe Sample

LonVitalite 24K Active Gold Eye Mask
These cloth eye masks are soaked in a serum solution that includes Vitamin B3, mulberry extract, grape leaf essence and "pure whitening essence milk". Lets all play the "one of these things are not like the others" game, because that last ingredient sounded a bit dodgy to me. I've used the LonVitalite C1 mask, which as serial killer as it made me look, left my skin feeling pretty sensational. I gave these to my mum to give them a whirl after a glass of wine last night. During the 20-minute process of having to leave them on your eyes, her biggest concern was having to sit still that long and not being able to watch the news. When the 20 minutes was up, that was the least of her worries. One eye had essentially swelled shut and the other one was heading down that path. My mum is one of those people that gets a pimple once a decade and her skin care routine is a splash of water and a good helping of Clinique moisturiser, so her skin isn't sensitive at all. Can't say I would want to give these a try after witnessing some eye swelling; lets just blame it on the pure whitening essence milk. Deluxe Sample

The Cosmetic Kitchen Raw Chocolate Clay Mask- RRP $24.95
Look what has popped up again in a beauty box! It's the raw chocolate mask from The Cosmetic Kitchen that I received in my December Lust Have It. I still haven't tried out the first mask I received because I can never get to the avo in time before someone eats it, but I’m still excited to try this product. I'm going to make plans to go out and buy some avocado so I can whip these masks up and finally give them a whirl as they contain my two favourite things: free from animal testing and chocolate. Full Sized.

Emite Makeup Precision Eye Pencil - RRP $24.95
I was actually really excited to receive this pencil in my Violet Box. Besides the retail price being $24.95, which is the entire cost of the subscription service a month, I was won over as soon as I saw the shade. It is a cream colour that will be perfect for the waterline. Once I tried to waterline my eyes with a pure white Rimmel pencil to give myself that big doll eyed look, but the white looked just too unnatural. I'm excited to try this one out to hopefully achieve a more natural look. Full Sized.

Mellow Cosmetics Blush in Peach - RRP $14
I'm pretty dedicated to my blush routine of Daniel Sandler's 'Cherub' and Benefits 'Dandelion', but I was still pretty excited when I saw this blush at the bottom of all the bright pink paper in my Violet Box. The shade of the blush is Peach, but in reality it looks like Peach and Hot Pink had a baby, adopted it out and it was raised by a lot of glitter. I wouldn't wear this shade in the daytime for fear of looking a bit RuPaul, but I am going to dedicate this beautiful shimmery blush to my nighttime routine to add a bit of sparkle to my face. Its texture is also not powdery at all. I mean obviously it is a powder, but it has a cream like texture and is beautifully soft.  When applied it gives a sheer wash of colour that is buildable, so there is no chance for you to over do your blush. Mellow are also free from animal testing and parabens, so this brand is all over it. Full Sized


Overall I was really happy with this box, even if it is a few weeks late. Violet Box included three full sized products and two deluxe samples so it was absolutely great value for money and had some products that I was really excited to try out. Another gem from the Violet Box team. 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig