Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Bellabox January 2015




Bellabox Makeup Pouch
When I first saw this pouch my first thought was “What on earth am I supposed to store in this? It’s tiny! Bobby pins? Tic Tacs?” I thought this was just filler that Bellabox threw in to fill up the box. But then I thought of the perfect use for this little beaut, and that is keeping all my liners of the eye and lip variety in one place. It is the PERFECT size for liners and makes it easier to grab the pouch out of your bathroom cupboard without trying to swim through lots of other products to find the little guys.


Laqa & Co Lip Lube in Bees Knees
I already owned this exact lip lube in the exact same shade, but I was so chuffed to find it in my Bellabox. This is one of my favourite lip shades of all time because it is just so flattering on fair skinned girls. It also has a minty fresh scent and it also stays on for a long time so there is no need to constantly reapply when you’re out. I’ve also nearly used up all of my first tube, so getting one for free in this months Bellabox keeps a cool $25 in my wallet.


SkinnyMint 6-Day Teatox
When I saw this in the box I let out a disappointed sigh. During my university studies I spent my time working in the teashop T2. At least 4 times a week I would have women come in and ask me for weight loss teas, and the girls I worked with would always have this problem as well. Weight loss teas are not healthy for you. They damage your body and can give you a nice little trip to the hospital because they contain ingredients which act as a diarrhetic and the sudden weight loss you see is from the loss of hydration in your body from constantly going to the toilet. Weight loss teas like SkinnyMe Tea and all the other Instagram famous diet teas are so extremely dangerous and promote negative ways to lose weight. The only way to lose weight is through healthy eating and exercise, not from buying teas off Instagram. SkinnyMint tea claims to be an all-natural alternative to boost the metabolism and lose weight, and while the ingredients seem to be all natural, I just can’t give this one a go. I’ll stick with my treadmill and fruit salad. The only thing that can get rid of toxins from your body are organs like your liver. So take good care of it with a great diet and stay away from gimmicks. There are teas that can help with bloating and uncomfortable tummy situations, but try to stay away from any tea that promotes weight loss.


Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
I’ve received a sample of this in a different beauty box last year and absolutely loved it. The cleansing conditioner aims to replace your shampoo, conditioner, deep treatments and detangling sprays by creating a product that does it all. You just wash your hair once all over with the product and rinse it out. Then apply it the second time, only concentrating on the ends and leave it in for the rest of the shower. Then just rinse it out before you hop out with cool water and it leaves your hair feeling soft and smelling amazing. I also get a really annoying patch of dermatitis behind my left ear, and when I use this it doesn’t flare it up at all. Such a great little product that works to hydrate the hair working with the natural oils of your lovely locks.


WOTNOT Facial Wipes for Oily/Sensitive Skin
These facial wipes are 100% natural and are great at removing makeup for people with sensitive skin. They are great wipes to keep in your bedside table for crazy late nights or in your gym bag to freshen up after a sweaty session. While these are great, my heart will always belong to my trusty Simple wipes.


Garnier Moisture Match
This tiny sachet was an added bonus in this months Bellabox and was quite light and not too heavy on the skin. The sample was too small though to see how it felt all over my face which was quite disappointing.
  




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig