Pages

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Bellabox February 2015 - Harpers Bazaar Edition



I was super excited (like SUPER EXCITED you guys) when I found out that Bellabox had teamed up with three of Australia’s favourite magazines, Cosmopolitan, Harpers Bazaar and Elle, to create a package with products picked out by the magazines editorial team. Also included in this months box was also a copy of that magazines current issue, and I wish I could have purchased all three, but that was not the case. There were two days allocated for subscribers to be able to pick out which box they would fancy, otherwise you would get sent one at random. I was able to choose mine and the choice was quite easy. My subscription to Harpers Bazaar had just run out and I still had magazine subscriptions to the other two choices, so I went with Bazaar so I wouldn’t double up on mags for the month and would get this months Harpers Bazaar for free, woohoo

It is kind of clear that this theme was done in direct competition to the wonderful Parcel by Marie Claire, which is basically the best beauty subscription in Australia even if it’s only around four times a year. While there were quite a lot of products in this package, besides Burt’s Bees and Essie, the samples were so TINY, so it was hard to get a good feel for the product. Lets take a look shall we?



Essie Nail Polish in Dress to Kilt
I LOVE THIS COLOUR. I’ve been meaning to buy a lovely berry colour to dip my nails into now that autumn is coming up so being given this colour was great. I can see this being my constant Mani and pedi colour throughout the cooler months. Full Size

Indio Multi V Serum
This product retails at $139 for full size and that is the magic and wonder of a beauty box, trying products you really can’t afford to splash out money on if they don’t do the trick. This is marketed as a power serum that is jam packed full of Vitamins A, H and F that is to be used daily. I’m really excited to try this because I find serums super exciting and with a full retail price tag it better be good! Sample Size

Aveda Intensive Hydrating Masque
I haven’t really been able to get into the hype that is the pricey Aveda products. I’ve received a few samples of their products through different beauty boxes and haven’t really been wowed. Maybe that is only because they are the worlds smallest samples and it hasn’t really given me the best chance to give them a proper application. Full sized this face masque is valued at $79.95 and as the name suggests is meant to give your skin a big hit of hydration. This year I’ve also been doing a lot of reading up about skincare, the different types of ingredients used and how they affect your skin. While I adore the smell of lavender, in skincare products it has been known to be a skin irritant; and with one of the main ingredients being lavender in this masque, I’ll have to be extra careful when using it. The mask also contains aloe vera, which as we all know is super duper soothing, so the two ingredients kind of cancel each other out which is a bit disappointing. Sample Size

Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream 
I already own one of these as I’m incredibly fussy about my cuticles, so I was happy to see one in my Bellabox as I know it’s a product that works really well and smells amazing. The product includes sweet almond oil and cocoa seed butter to help soften those cuticles. Full Size

Aveda Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Cream
I’m interested to give this product a try with its full size value being at $89.95, but I will definitely be doing a bit of research before putting this on my face. A quick read of Aveda’s descriptions says that it has a “combination of tourmaline, marine and plant extracts and 11 powerful antioxidants” to hydrate and protect skin. I’m still not sold on Aveda products but I do want to give this teeny tiny sample a try. Sample Size

Transformulas Marine Miracle Crème
Touted as a ‘face lift in a jar’, it’s probably something I don’t need considering I only have very small lines around my eyes and no other wrinkles at the ripe old age of 23. Might have to pass this one onto someone wrinklier to see if it properly works. Sample Size

Transformulas Lip Volume
Ever since I got this months Bellabox this is the sample I’ve wanted to use this most, but is also the one that I’m most scared to try. I have pretty plump lips already, not Angelina Jolie level, but my bottom lip has a lot going on and my top lip is okay, but could do with some plumping action. The thing I’m most scared of is having some crazy reaction or it working TOO WELL, so I’m waiting for when I have few days off in a row and don't have any plans to see people incase some terrible plumping accident happens. Stay tuned for this one. Sample Size

Kerastase Paris Nutritive Nectar Thermique

I am really excited to try this leave in hair treatment product after reading all the four and five star reviews online of people raving about it. To use you just apply it through the lengths and ends of towel dried hair before you use any heat stylers like hair dryers, straighteners and curlers and it will protect your hair from any damage. I’m a bit of a slave to my GHD so it will be interesting to see how my hair reacts to this product, and if it’s ah-mazing, I’ll have to run out and buy the full sized version. Sample Size
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig