Pages

Friday 12 December 2014

The Parcel by Marie Claire: Summer Edit


Not going to lie, I think this may be the best beauty subscription box I have ever received. The Summer Edit of The Parcel by Marie Claire was choc full of cult products and brands that I have wanted to try for a long time and have either been too lazy or poor from spending too much money on pancakes to give them a shot. It is also one of the best value for money boxes I have received, with many of the products being full sized. So go ahead, have a gander:




Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream
Eight Hour cream is one of those cult products that I have heard many things about but never actually tried. So I was pretty chuffed when I opened up The Parcel and found one inside. You can use it on your skin as a moisturiser, for cuticles, to heal cuts and bruises, mix in with your makeup for a dewier finish or dab on top as a highlighter. Sounds promising, and for a formula to remain unchanged for many decades, it must do wonders. Sample size



Philosophy Purity Cleanser
This is a 3-1-makeup cleanser for face and eyes. It smells beautiful and is apparently suitable to rub onto the eye area. I will give this ago tonight, and if you haven't heard from me, I’m probably blind from rubbing cleanser into my eyes and don't know how to log into social media without assistance from my guide dog. Nonetheless, I’m excited to finally try a product from the brand philosophy. Sample size 



Essie 'Fifth Avenue' Nail Polish
It's red, so this will be on regular rotation on my fingers and toes. I love red polish and was so happy to see this in the box when usually in other subscription services you get left with unflattering colours that obviously aren't selling at department stores. Full sized product valued at RRP $16.96

Essie All in One Polish
I am not the best with my nails, this I will admit. For years I was a nail biter, but I was never one of those nippers that bit all the way down to the wick. I occasionally have acrylics on, but if I don't my nails are free range without a hint of polish. Though they could use some extra TLC. I've seen this in Priceline before and have been so tempted to pick it up but in the end decide not too because I’m not that fussy with my nails. But now I have my mitts on the 'All in One’, which is a base, coat, top coat and nail strengthener. Basically it is the Lauren Conrad of polish and does a bit of everything. Full sized product valued at $17.95



Jergens Ultra Healing Body Moisturiser 
If there were anything that could smell like a hug, it would be this. The smell is so pleasant and soothing and absorbs instantly into skin without feeling like a grease monkey. Go pick yourself up a tube.. or just go to a retailer and have a sniff. Full sized product valued at $5.99



Revlon Age Defying CC Cream
Just like a BB cream but one letter higher up the alphabet, the Revlon CC cream is a colour correcting cream designed to be a do it all makeup base that also covers signs of ageing, hyperpigmentation and dehydration. This unfortunately came to me in the shade ‘Medium’, which are about a bazillion (or a few bazillion if you want to be specific) shades dark for me. Will pass onto a lusciously tanned friend. Full sized product valued at $26.95



Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream
This is the product I am the most excited to try. I love Estee Lauder and I’ve been eyeing this off at the counter whenever I pick up a new bottle of doublewear. But the cost is just too pricey ($95) to buy incase it is a dud. So hooray for small samples that I will be slathering on my eyes tonight after they are strained from staring at Julian McMahons naked body in Nip/Tuck for hours on end. Sample size



John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo, Conditioner and Blow-out Spray
I have pretty thick hair with plenty of natural volume (thanks to my home dawgs double part and cowlick) but this little trio smell delish and I’m hoping for even higher volume in my hair so I can finally complete my metamorphosis into a hybrid of my heroes Dolly Parton and Fran Fine, so we will see how it plays out. Deluxe sample size


So if you have not already subscribed to The Parcel, do so right now because it features great brands and value for money!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig