Pages

Monday 30 March 2015

March Favourites




Since it’s the end of March I thought I’d put together a little post on what skin care, makeup and hair care I’ve been obsessing over the past 31 days. Enjoy my beauts!





The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil
Suited for all skin types, this miracle oil is a product every person who wears makeup should have in their bathrooms. I’ve had mine since January and I’ve still got 1/3 of it left. All it takes is 1-2 pumps rubbed straight onto your makeup-covered face to melt off all that hard to budge makeup. Liquid liner, water proof mascara, long wear foundations and smudge proof lipsticks literally melt off in seconds right before your eyes. It takes a little getting used to rubbing oil onto your dry face that’s full of makeup, but after your first use you’ll be hooked. I guarantee it! Once you’ve rubbed the oil all over your face, add a tiny bit of water and it turns into a beautiful milky cleanser. You can then rinse it off, or like I prefer to do, remove it with a hot face cloth to add a little bit of exfoliation and make sure you’re not left with an oily residue. You can use this as your own do-it-all makeup remover and cleansing wonder product or follow it up with a second cleanser. I like to use Go-To’s Properly clean to ensure a really deep cleanse. Get straight onto this product people, there is a reason it’s a cult favourite.





Organic Care Colour Shield Shampoo and Conditioner
Little confession, I haven’t dyed my hair since the end of September last year. I’m naturally a darkish, dirty blonde so my regrowth has just blended straight into my last set of highlights. Because I haven’t dyed my hair in so long, the condition of my hair is actually really healthy, so there is no need for expensive hair prodz right now. My laziness from not dying my hair has carried onto not hunting down my favourite organic lavender shampoo and conditioner, so I’ve reverted to using the supermarket products that I used for years when I didn’t dye my hair every six weeks. I am actually pretty chuffed that I started using this again because I forgot how freaking amazing it is. For something that is so wallet friendly, I honestly don’t notice the difference between using this and the more expensive brands. Its also cruelty free, uses organic ingredients and sustainable packaging that’s environmentally friendly. I think I’ll be sticking with this duo again for years to come since my obsession has ignited again.





Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask
If you have me on Snapchat, you’ve probably seen snaps of me late at night wearing this mask. I use this once or twice a week and always see a dramatic difference in my skin. Many aestheticians used to not recommended it because it contained Equisetum, which is a plant commonly known as Horsetail that can be an irritant to the skin and Origins have now removed this ingredient. I’ve only ever used this product after the Horsetail was removed so I can’t say much on the difference between the two, but the current version of the mask is AH-MA-ZING. To apply you first have to hold a warm washcloth over your face to help open up the pores and then layer on the mask. The mask it self is very glossy and feels very cold to apply to the face. Once you’ve layered it on just kick back, watch an episode of Vanderpump Rules and wait for it to dry. Just a heads up though, as this mask dries it gets VERY cold, VERY quick. Your face will feel almost as if someone is holding ice up against it. Then once it dries, just wash it off. Well that’s what the packaging says, so here comes your second heads up. Don’t even attempt to try and rinse this off. Take 1-3 facewashers in with you to the bathroom and take it off by gently buffing it off with warm water and facewashers. It will take quite a while to remove, but all that work is seriously worth it. Your face will reap the benefits and will feel soothed and look noticeably clearer.





Napoleon Perdis Lipstick in Boudicca
This is the epitome of a babydoll pink shade. The formula is a little hard to work with because it will show even the slightest dry lip so make sure you have crazy moisturized lips before applying. But the colour is way too stunning to pass up and the packaging is just a gorgeous bonus!





Shu Uemura Supreme Matte Lipstick in 570 MOR
This lippie was a present from my Mum and I absolutely adore it. It is one of the brightest reds I’ve ever seen and goes on beautifully matte. Stunning colour. Long wearing. Striking. Beautiful. Good work Shu Uemura. If you want to feel like an old Hollywood goddess, ditch the MAC counter and head straight over to Shu Uemura and pick up this beaut.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I need to get my hands on that Body Shop oil, I've only heard great things about it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t's amazing! It's left my skin feeling so healthy, and it takes my makeup off in seconds so I have no excuse not to anymore! Haha

      Delete

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig