Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Lust Have It February 2015



Oh Lust Have It, you have dug yourself into a hole a bit too deep. It is almost the end of March and we are only just receiving the Feb boxes. They are still a month behind and no one really knows when they will catch up and this month was very disappointing. Mismatched colours, late deliveries and no makeup bag. Instead it came in a postal box with some ripped tissue paper. Like usual their Facebook page is filled with complaints and photos of girls showing how bad the selected colours are. Even though this was comprised of 99% full sized products, most people (including me) were left pretty disappointed.


Ulta3 Plum Lip Liner
Even though I’ve received a lot of lip liners from various beauty bags over the year, I don't tire of receiving them as long as they are varied in colour. Lip liners are a product I can never really be bothered to go out and buy so when I receive one it's great to tuck it away for future use. Ulta3 is a kind of a cult "drug store" brand overseas so it's great to be able to give one of their products a try! Full Size $2.95


Natural Glamour Illuminating Foundation SPF 15 in Light
Personally I think that full size foundations should not be included in beauty boxes. Samples are ok, because if the colour is off you can still get a feel for the formula and it's not much of a waste. THIS WAS A WASTE. I was one of the very lucky few who received the light shade, as most received medium. The girls who received medium posted what it looked like on their skin to the Lust Have It Facebook page and it literally looks like they have dipped their faces in chocolate. I swatched the foundation on the back of my hand and the light shade was actually a bright orange. The formula felt and smelt like cheap foundation you would find for $3 in the clearance bin at your local pharmacy. The only saving grace is that it is cruelty free and contains SPF, but because of all the other factors is basically unusable. Full Size $29.95


Natural Glamour 2GLO Line Treatment Concealer in Medium
I had the exact same issues with this product as above. While it is great in theory, the execution is terrible. Instead of being orange on me, it is chocolate brown. One side is concealer, while the other side is a line treatment used under it. I won't be able to use this one at all due to the colour, but it is passable enough to be rehomed with a tan friend. Full Size $27.95


Designer Brands Liquid Eye Liner in Black
I feel like over the past year I have received A LOT of products from this brand, and while they have all been excellent, especially for the price, I think it's time to bring in some new brands to try. Never the less, this is your standard black liquid eyeliner and I will for sure use this when my others have run out as it's always good to have a back up! Full Size $8.99


Paula's Choice Skincare Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
This was the only product I was truly excited to receive this month. I'm such a fan of Paula's Choice, especially their Beautypedia that has educated me quite a lot on skin care. I'm also a fan of chemical exfoliants over physical ones, so this is definitely something I will be using on the regular. It is used by pouring onto a cotton pad and swiping over the skins to help with congestion, skin tone and reducing the appearance of fine lines. What a little winner. Sample Size




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am so glad i jumped ship last year. They were having issues then, but they were nothing compared to the current ones.

    Olivia
    http://budgetconsciousbeautymumma.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect timing! I think it's all starting to get a bit out of hand for them, such a pity though!

      Delete

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig