Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

Perfectly Coloured Lids in a Pinch

Top Row: Bad to the Bronze and Too Cool
Bottom Row: Tough as Taupe and Silver Strike

Out of all the makeup tasks and routines, the eye area is my Achilles heel. I feel like I can never get my eyeliner even on both sides, I’m always scared that today is the day all my eyelashes will fall out when I curl them, blinking too soon after applying mascara and smearing it everywhere and forgetting to pop on eye primer. My least favourite though is the time it takes to blend out my eye shadow, otherwise known as forever. 

Unless you use the heaven in a pot that is cream eye shadows. Though finding the right one is tricky. Sometimes because they are so easy to apply, you will find sacrifices in its stay power or pigmentation. You will see it on the shelf while out shopping; go "Wow, I love that silver shadow! Look at the sparkle!" so you hand over your dollars, get it home to apply it only to find out you would have the same effect applying a combination of Vaseline and graphite pencil to your eyelids. 

Well you do not have to stress your pretty little head with all these issues if you would just pick up some of the Maybelline Color Tattoos! Yes I know colour is spelt incorrectly in that sentence, that is what happens Americans name products and all of the Australians and Canadians etc. are left in a spelling and grammatical limbo. 

These eye shadows glide on easily, are an absolute dream to blend out and take minimum time and effort to apply. So if you're rushing off to do important duties like heading off to your office to practice law or on your way to Donut King to grab the last banana custard donut you could apply these with ease on the train or in the car (just not while driving, save that future ticket for the donut eating).

My perfect day time eye (if I can't be bothered or don't have the coordination for my usual cat eye liquid liner) consists of using Tough as Taupe in the eye socket, Bad to the Bronze all over the lid and then too cool in the inner corners of my eyes to add a little brightness and sparkle. Also, because Too Cool is a cream shadow it can also be used as a nifty highlighter along the brow bone and lightly on top of the cheekbones for an angelic and ethereal look. 

They certainly have my rookie stamp of approval.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Aimee and Sugar. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig